Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Going big

And here's how it all gets bigger - the piece simply didn't want to end up as a pillow, for that design cried for something more, so it made it to a blanket, appr. 85 x 85 cm (without binding). It has to become one, after I finish the frontside, find an appropriate backside, put some batting in between and decide about hand quilting or not (rather not). So now we're on the way of having a nice handmade blanket, finally. It's gonna turn to blanket/playing rug. And I'm thrilled about having almost accomplished something that I had in mind as a vague idea since quite awhile - a big (well, big on my scale, for I've never done something that large) patchworked piece with my appliqués and free motion messy stitching on the one hand and more puristic and clean patchworking on the other.

Today/next days I hope to get to another project, that I would like to introduce here - something fresh and new - knitting and free motion stitching, geometrical shapes, straight lines. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment